The School Explorer Fund is open to all state primary schools and special schools (primary or secondary) in the Charity’s Beneficial Area.
Grants awarded under this fund are available to help schools access and take part in Arts activities at the many high class institutions in London. Activities could include visits to the theatre, a musical experience or to a museum or art gallery.
To apply, you must describe which activity you would like to participate in, explain why your school wishes to do it and how it will add value to the school experience for your pupils. You must also show that your school has an existing commitment to the Arts.
There is no restriction on which institution you can visit, but should be within London. The activity you choose must enhance the current activities of the class or year group and be the kind of experience that the children do not normally have access to.
Suggestions for suitable requests include:
- travel costs (including coach costs) to venues within London
- match funding for ticket prices (i.e. if the school is paying for one class to participate in an activity the Charity could be asked to support the costs of enabling a second class to also take part)
- a contribution towards the costs of participating in a venue-based education programme.
Successful applications must include the following:
- evidence that this activity is in addition to, and not a replacement of, existing annual Arts activities
- a clear rationale for taking part in the activity
- details of how it will add value to the children’s school experience
Grants under the School Explorer Fund are assessed throughout the year and are not subject to deadlines. Applications can be made for up to £2,000.
Click to download the application form: School Explorer Fund Application Form 2019